I would like to draw attention to this video for a moment. It’s entitled Read Japanese Fluently (毛虫答え03) and the creator “KemushiChan” actually does a pretty decent job explaining the learn-to-read process not just for Japanese, but really for any language! In Burmese, it does get frustrating at times to even pick up my little coloring book entitled ဘုရားသခင္သည္… (“God is…”) and not understand certain words, but she reminds me of what I already knew and stubbornly forget:
- Make sure you’re reading at your level.
- Don’t depend on dictionaries so much.
- Focus on certain passages at a time.
- Read for comprehension, not for complete understanding.
- Enjoy it! (Don’t read children’s books if you don’t like them, and don’t continue to read if you get frustrated!)
That’s all I wanted to say for now! Ta-ta!